The Latest Staycation Ideas
At The Asylum House you enter at your own risk. Visit this year and test your sanity against all of the monsters, mazes, scary creatures, and more. Choose from four different haunts. These are the Madness, Night Gallery, Ghost Hallway, and Monster Mayhem. For 2014 The Asylum House, which is located at 7300 East Troy Avenue, is open on weekends through November 1st. There are 2 different ticket options available. One is the general admission ticket and the other is the VIP admission ticket. The difference is the VIP ticket lets you jump right to the front of the line. The pricing on the tickets are the same, regardless of the day of the week so the VIP option is perfect for a weekend visit or a visit over Halloween week. Finally, don’t forget that a portion of the proceeds go to the local food bank so you are helping the community as well.
There are a few other ways that you can save money on your admission as well. Check out the coupon on their website. It saves you $2 off the walk up admission price. You can just print out the coupon and present it at the time of purchase. The only restriction is that you cannot use the coupon on any Saturday visit. Group discounts are also available for groups of 15 or more people. You can save as much as $4 off the cost of each ticket with the group discount rate. You just need to make your reservations well in advance in order to get the group discount rate. Finally, if you miss out on the daily deal then you may also want to at least check out Groupon because they too will sometimes offer comparable discounts of up to 50% off the regular admission ticket price.
Next week is the start of the 2013 Indianapolis State Fair. The fair this year will feature 17 consecutive days of family filled entertainment. There’s plenty of live entertainment, shows, competitions, contests, and of course plenty of delicious fair food. Just check the calendar ahead of time to see the upcoming day’s events and activities. Opening day for the Indiana State Fair is Friday, August 2nd and it runs all the way until Sunday, August 18th. Before you go though, be sure to read the tips below. There are several ways that you can save a little extra money off the total cost of your admission. And in addition to that you should also find a listing of the latest known coupons for the Indiana State Fair listed below as well for even more savings.
Tips & Coupons
- Stop by any of the Meijer Stores in the area and ask about discounts for the Indian State Fair. The usually run a promotion for buy 1 get 1 free tickets to the fair.
- Check with Turkey Hill Dairy as they usually have a coupon that is good for $2 off each admission ticket for Tuesdays.
- If you are a state employee or member of the military just come to the fair on the first Thursday and get free admission when you show your ID.
- If you are a member of AAA just come to the state fair on the last Thursday and show your AAA membership card and you will get free admission to the Indiana State Fair.
- Come to the Indiana State Fair on the last day and bring a Pepsi product with you to get $2 off the total cost of your admission ticket.
- Be sure to follow the Indiana State Fair on Facebook and Twitter. They will keep you informed of the latest news and promotions for discounted tickets to the state fair.
- Stop by any Walmart , CVS pharmacy, Indiana Farm Bureau, or The Marten House Hotel and you can purchase discount tickets to the Indiana State Fair there. This year you can save $3 off the cost of each ticket.
- You can also purchase your tickets ahead of time through the Indiana State Fair’s website and you can also save $3 off the total cost of your admission.
- In addition to admission tickets you can also purchase the Midway Pass as well as a reserved parking pass ahead of time through the Indiana State Fair’s website.
On the first Friday of every month from spring to fall, head on over to the Old National Centre parking lot for a gastronomic event. The First Friday Food Truck Festival features more than 25 different culinary masters. And in addition to the great food, you will also get treat to some fantastic live musical entertainment. Admission is $8 per person to the event. Get your tickets ahead of time through Groupon and you can save 50% off the total cost of your general admission. Now if you miss out on the deal you can still purchase your tickets ahead of time through the Old National Centre’s website and you will save $3 off the admission price that way. Finally, you can purchase your tickets through Ticketmaster as well. At last check they were not running any kind of a promotion or discount though.